• Certified Family Law Specialist

    When it is your family's future on the line, you deserve to have a certified expert in your corner.

    Pursue Justice [+]
  • Why Hire Goldberg & Gille?

    Find out how you could benefit from working with a divorce lawyer at Goldberg & Gille.

    Protect Your Interests [+]
  • Backed By Client Satisfaction

    Our firm has made a difference in many families’ lives. See what they have to say about us!

    What Our Clients Say [+]
  • Get Started with a Consultation

    Take the first step today! We can review your situation and help you understand your options.

    Complete a Brief Form [+]

Child Support Enforcement in Pasadena, CA

Are You Owed Child Support? Let Goldberg & Gille Help!

Child Support EnforcementIf the other parent of your child has refused to pay court-ordered child support, it is important to understand that you are not without options. In California, there are specific remedies available to help custodial parents enforce their child support orders and collect on overdue payments. For this reason, you should waste no time in discussing your options with a Pasadena family law attorney at Goldberg & Gille. With more than 80 years of collective experience, we can vigorously advocate for your rights.

The First Step: Making Sure You Have a Court Order

Before you can enforce the payment of overdue child support, you will need to make sure you have a court order in place. If you have nothing more than an oral agreement, you wouldn’t be able to enforce the agreement in court. Court orders are legally binding, which is why it would be in your best interest to have the terms of your child support arrangement approved by a judge. Once your agreement is established in writing, the court could help you enforce the order.

If you need to establish child support, you can file an action:

  • On your own, using the child support forms found here;
  • By hiring a divorce lawyer to file a petition on your behalf; or
  • By asking the DCSS to file for child support on your behalf.

Ways to Enforce a Child Support Order in California

Once your child support agreement has been approved by the court, there are several ways the court could help enforce the order and collect on overdue payments. One of the most common ways is for the court to hold the delinquent parent “in contempt.” If the non-paying parent is held in civil contempt, they will be sent to jail until their child support obligations have been met. Further penalties can also be assessed by the court in an effort to collect on overdue support.

Once a delinquent parent is held in contempt, the family court judge can:

  • Order them to serve 120 hours of community service
  • Order them to pay up to $1,000 in various fines
  • Order them to serve up to five days in county jail
  • Order them to sell property in order to pay support
  • Order their employer to withhold part of their wages

It doesn’t stop there. There are numerous other ways to enforce the order. If the delinquent parent is more than 30 days behind on their child support payments, the California DMV can also refuse to use or renew their driver’s license. If they are more than 120 days behind, the state can revoke their license altogether. In some cases, the Department of Child Support Services will also report non-paying parents to credit reporting agencies, resulting in a negative credit score.

Work with a Board Certified Family Law Specialist: Call 626-340-0955

Do you need help enforcing a child support order in the Pasadena area? If so, we encourage you to discuss your case with the experienced family lawyers at Goldberg & Gille. Our team is headed by a certified family law specialist, so you can trust that your case will be in capable hands. We can also put more than 80 years of legal experience to work for you as soon as you give us a call.

Don’t wait any longer to get the help that you need. Schedule your case evaluation today!

Contact Us

Goldberg & Gille />
Pasadena Family Law Attorney
131 N El Molino Ave, Suite 310A,
Pasadena, CA 91101 (View Map)
Phone: (626) 340-0955
Local: (626) 584-6700

© 2017 All Rights Reserved.


The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.